Welcome to users of Solosalon's customer mobile app and service provider app. Our app is hosted by us, Solosalon Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11185244, Registered Trade Mark Solosalon ® whose registered office is at Flat 4 Block A Peabody Estate, Camberwell Green, London, United Kingdom, SE5 7BD.
In this policy we describe what information we collect and what uses we put it to.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When users register and create a profile on our app, we ask them to select a username, and enter their name, age, date of birth phone number, email address, and a password. We may also ask about your preferences in relation to the hair and beauty industry.
We collect personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our app including registration, and any contact made by users in relation to any comments, questions or complaints they have.
How we Use the Information we Collect
Upon activation of an account, the information submitted will be used by us to allow the registered user to use our app.
Additionally, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- to help us identify users and any accounts held with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing user’s purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this app and its content to user’s particular preferences;
- notifying users of any changes to this app or to our services that may affect them;
investigating any complaints that another person has been defamed, or another person’s rights have been infringed, by any submission you make to the app; and improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by SMS or email about products we think may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. For more details see 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data as follows:
- (if you are a user of our customer app) to Service Providers with whom you communicate or make a booking;
- (if you are, or you work for, a user of the service provider app) to users of our customer app;
- our agents and service providers who assist us in providing the app; and
- If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you; and
- we store your personal data on secure servers of our hosting partners.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. It remains your responsibility to:
- Ensure nobody else will use our app while you are logged into your account (we advise our users to take extra care when using public computers/devices and to NOT leave themselves logged in; it is your responsibility to ensure this does not happen);
- Log out and exit your account on the app when you are not using it, on any private and/or public computer or device; and
- Keep your password and any account details or access details secret and to yourself.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Links to Other Sites
The Legal Basis on which we Process your Information
On some occasions, we may process personal information with consent (for example, when you submit information through the site or agree to receive email updates about the service). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the email address below.
We may also process personal information when we need to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, if you are a Service Provider to promote your business or process your payments) or where we are required to do this by law.
We also process your personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when we consider these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Those legitimate interests include using your information for the purposes of operating and improving the Solosalon service, which we aim to do in a way that works to your benefit and those of other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the apps of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are in the European Union, data protection legislation gives you the following rights:
- - to access information held about you;
- - to require rectification or erasure of your information; and
- - to object to our use of your data to carry out automated profiling in respect of you.
These rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints to the ICO
If you make a complaint to us and think we have not dealt with it to your satisfaction, you may send your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at www.ico.org.uk.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.
In order for the Solosalon service to function smoothly for us and all users, we require as condition of your using Solosalon that you adhere to each of the following points when using the Solosalon website at www.Solosalon and any related services related to the Solosalon service (together, “the Service”). You acknowledge that you are wholly responsible to Solosalon or any third party for anything you contribute or upload using Solosalon. We may without notice remove anything from the Service which has been uploaded contrary to this Acceptable Use Policy.
You must not:
Make any submission which is not honest and based on a true account of your own personal experience;
write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group.
Pressure customers to write reviews.
Upload any personal contact information (either your own or anyone else’s) such as email address, phone number, street address, or any information that is confidential in nature;
Attempt to use another's account without authorisation, or create a false identity on Solosalon;
Create a user profile for anyone other than yourself as an individual person, or include in your profile any image of any other person;
Submit any material which is unlawful or which is offensive, abusive, indecent, pornographic, or infringes upon intellectual property, confidentiality or other proprietary rights;
Claim that you are associated with or endorsed by Solosalon unless you have entered into a written agreement with Solosalon to that effect;
Republish in bulk any information derived from use of Solosalon;
"White-label" or otherwise hold yourself out as the originating provider of Solosalon or any material or processes contained in it;
Tamper with, disable or override (or attempt to do any of those things) any security component or process of Solosalon;
Use any technical or other means or process to "mirror", "frame", "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" any web pages or other services contained in the Solosalon service;
Attempt to or actually access Solosalon by any means other than through Solosalonapp.com website. An example of such other means is attempting to access Solosalon via software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, which include Solosalon.